Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 17

Except for Hubby, who had to work, we stayed home today. It was a cool, blustery, and later stormy day, so mostly we were indoors doing housekeeping and working on projects.

I thawed a small London Broil and two raw turkey legs and ground up the meat. I mix them together - it's a good flavor, low in fat, all that, and we call it 'burkey' I wrap them like this. It saves me a ton of money, and I've never had anything freezer burn.

After that I put the turkey leg bones in the big crock pot, along with a bunch of other poultry bones I've been accumulating in my freezer. I added water, and it is making some lovely broth that we'll use for soups and recipes.

Meals today:

B: choice or scones or muffins, dried fruit, milk.

L: sandwiches, carrot and zucchini sticks, popcorn and juice/water.

S: hamburger helper lasagna (half the meat, twice the noodles, hee hee), homemade garlic breadsticks, steamed broccoli and carrots, applesauce. Ice cream cones for dessert.

Snacks: dried zucchini chips, homemade brownies, chicken jerky.

No comments:

Post a Comment