Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 11

We did a little shopping today, but the only food we picked up was a box of ice cream cones, a bottle of liquid smoke, a 2 liter pepsi and a 2lb. bag of popcorn kernels. The total was 3.87. I used coupons today, but not on any of the food items. Tomorrow I'll be using a coupon to get milk, and I may pick up a few other items, but we don't really need anything, and the sales this week are not exactly stellar.

The garden, on the other hand, is giving us a lot of food. I picked a bucket of green beans this morning, picked 5 squash, and there are plenty of onions, potatoes, carrots, etc. should we want or need them.

Our meals:

B - Muffins, cherries, milk

L - Bean and cheese quesedillas, carrot sticks, fruit juice (pepsi for me)

S - We had a minor crisis - our washing machine broke down - so instead of the planne LoMein dinner we had sandwiches - Hubby and I had breaded chicken, Little Bit opted for PBJ, all on homemade wheat bread. For sides we had broccoli salad, carrot sticks, apple wedges, and water or juice to drink. Dessert was ice cream cones.

Snacks - sliced cheese, fresh cherries, mini wheats, water.

No comments:

Post a Comment