Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day 25

Right now I have 7 more quarts of green beans in the pressure canner. They will help keep our grocery bills down throughout the winter, plus we'll be eating (very) local!

Today was book club at my house. I made a no-bake cheesecake from items on hand, and we topped it with home-canned cherry pie filling - it was really good!

Our meals today:

B - Cereal, milk, applesauce

L - Spaghetti with meat sauce, zucchini and onions (both from garden), homemade breadsticks, tea

S - We just took out various leftovers and ate them - potatoes, veggie sticks, etc. It's humid, we weren't all that hungry, and this was easy and healthy.

Snacks - The book club cheesecake, peanut butter and jelly on wheat, veggie sticks.

We are low on baked items - down to the last bit of bread, only one breadstick, etc., so I'll be baking tomorrow or Saturday. So far my baking list includes:

Whole grain bread - 3 loaves
English Muffins
Breadsticks
Buns
Donut Muffins
Scones
Zucchini Bread

Should keep me busy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment